Legend’s Parkland

Summary

“Yeah, I can’t believe that I missed ‘my hairy aunt’.”

Attention all golfers… be on the lookout for a lead change in aisle 1. Well, not exactly a change, but we are about to enter uncharted territory for Nelson, sharing a leaderboard as a… co-leader.

What an amazing course. Our first true links experience. This course gave a glimpse of what it might be like to play in Scotland. A lot of courses try to pull this off, but this one had the “feel”. We tee’d off into a stiff wind, and it looked like it was going to rip through us all day.

Brian started off with a triple bogey and found every nook and cranny on the course. He later settled down with two nice birdies (one, a long 50 foot putt) and managed to chip away at Nelson’s lead. Nelson started out the day well and held on until somewhere on the back nine, when things unravelled a bit for him. Dave scored the low round of the week with a 77. Pat whispered to me on the 16th hole, “I think he is even on the back or one over, don’t tell him.” We didn’t say a word and David finished the memorable dogleg right short 18th with a bird and shot even. Nelly tried to make something happen here and we have a wonderful picture below of him swinging out of his shoes (he almost got airborne, but the ball went left). The lead changed and Murph led Nelly by 2 and Davey by 14.

Here are the results:

Daily Results:
Player Gross Strokes Net Cum Strokes Behind Team Points Total Team Status Change
Brian 81 19 62 571
Dave 77 11 66 584 +13
Pat 22
Nelson 92 16 76 571

Leave a Reply