Santa Teresa Morning Round

Monday August 5th
“Godammit Brian! Thanks a lot for screwing me up.”

SummaryAfter a very relaxing weekend of cooperative golf, the tension blew the lid of the pot after only 1 hole of play. David had a horrible start to take a 6 on the first hole and was 40 yards off the 2nd green to get on in three, when Nelson asked Brian a question, Brian’s low toned answer apparently carried those 40 yards all the way to David who skulled his shot over the green. He proceeded to read Brian the riot act for talking in his backswing. A “do-over” was granted to eliminate the bad blood. Murphy mentioned that he overheard Maynard on the teebox, but didn’t say anything about it. It was the first and only incident of the week (involving Murphy that is).

Shot of the Round:
David Maynard on hole #1. Blocked out from a tiny tree, Dave turns his club around and puts the ball on the green with a left handed stroke.

Runner up:
Brian on #18 from under a bush uses the back of his putter to get out of trouble right handed.

Hammerhead Murphy had a great round to set the early pace for the week with an 83. Although he seemed to lose it on the 17th and 18th holes, where he took a 7 and 6 on the par 5 and 4. “I just haven’t finished a round well this year, I am not sure what it is, but I need to work it out.” Nelson struggled a bit to find his pacing and get back into some sort of groove. David played a consistent round after a horrible start to an 80 to stay alive early.

Here are the scores:

Daily Results:
Player Gross Strokes Net To Par Strokes Behind Status Change
Brian 83 15 68 -3
Dave 80 7 73 +2 +5
Nelson 86 13 73 +2 +5

Leave a Reply